Subject: Homework models for the platform, conclusions over doctrine number two and questions from the book
Professor: Dr. Richard Hays
My Name: Ralf Giegerich
Date: 22. March 2010
1. My thoughts about the models in the church and how the church should use the platform.
The plattform is like the front of a boat for a church with a worship model. The spirit of worship brings revelation and obedience to the Holy Ghost in that area will take you, where your understanding never can take you. Proverbs 23:7 applies also to the identity of a church: as a church in her heart thinks, so is she. Back to the platform:
The leaders are on top of the platform and so they could lead the church into a passionate worship by being a model for the people in the church and most people learn through models.
So, if you go further than what’s normal, you can push the people over the border of being normal.
As a leader, it is our authority to lead them over the border of normality e.g. in worship.
2. Conclusions concerning Doktrin Number 2
All laws have consequences. If you obey a law, it brings consequences and if you don’t obey, that has also consequences.
Jesus obeyed the law totally and so became totally righteous and perfect before the law.
At Galvary on the cross he transferred his righteousness onto us, the beliefers.
We cannot fulfill the law on ourselves, but by taking it in simple faith we can have the mantel of righteousness from Jesus. By being righteous, we are perfect and holy just as Jesus.
As said in Rom 8:1 There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.
Kol. 2:9 states, that “For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.” Because of the exchange on the cross, we have the fullness of the Godhead on hands.
And Kol 2:10 shows, that we are complete in Christ Jesus and because he is the head of all principality and power and so we are.
If I take that revelation in simple faith, there is no condemnation and I am totally accepted by God and I am as holy as Jesus is with all consequences.
Salvation has 3 elements:
1. Forgiveness of all my sins and all consequences sins brings with it. The result is holiness
2. My carnality, my egoism is put on Christ Jesus and by the exchange I become like Jesus
3. As a result, I get the blessings, which Jesus earned by obeying the law
3. Questions: Chapter 1 Righteous at last!
1. According to the bible, what is the deepest doctrine?
The deepest truth in the bible is righteousness!
2. What happens if you don’t obey the whole law (Jak. 2:10)?
If you stumble at just one point, then you are guilty of breaking the whole law.
3. What does Mt. 5:17 say about the law?
Jesus didn’t come to destroy the law. He came to fulfill it.Nothing will disappear from the law. Whoever teaches the law will be called greatest in kingdom of heaven. Whoever does not tech the law will be called least in the heaven. Your righteousness must exceed that of the Pharisees.
Be perfect, therefore, as your heavenly Father is perfect.
4. How can I be righteous?
In obeying the whole law completely, that will be our righteousness (5. Mose 6:25)
5. What does it mean to be perfect?
If you are totally obedient, you are perfect.
6. What are the synonyms of righteous?
Total is the same as being righteous.
Also righteousness and perfection and total obedience are the same thing, they are synonyms.
7. How will God judge His people?
God is going to judge the world in Righteous as said in Ps. 72:2
“He shall judge thy people with righteousness, and thy poor with judgment.”
Subject: question chapter 2 righteous at least!
Professor: Dr. Richard Hays
My Name: Ralf Giegerich
Date: 22. March 2010
1. What are the two lifestyles mentioned in the book?
One is called the blessed lifestyle, and the other is called the cursed lifestyle. One is obviously appealing, while the other is obviously repulsive.
2. What is he condition to live the lifestyle of blessing?
The conditions are stated in 5. Mose 28: 1+2
1. to observe and to do all his commandments which I command thee this day, that the LORD thy God will set thee on high above all nations of the earth:
2 And all these blessings shall come on thee, and overtake thee, if thou shalt hearken unto the voice of the LORD thy God.
The condition is totally and complete obedience of the whole law given by God.
3. List seven characteristics of each lifestyle.
Lifestyle of blessing:
– blessed in the city and country
– Fruitfulness concerning children (the fruit of your womb will be blessed)
– blessings concerning the supply with food like bread and meet (and the fruit of thy ground, and the fruit of thy cattle, the increase of thy kine, and the flocks of thy sheep)
– blessed in all your ways, so protection is another characteristic (Blessed shalt thou be when thou comest in, and blessed shalt thou be when thou goest out.)
– protection against all enemies (The LORD shall cause thine enemies that rise up against thee to be smitten before thy face: they shall come out against thee one way, and flee before thee seven ways. )
– all your business will be blessed (he LORD shall command the blessing upon thee in thy storehouses, and in all that thou settest thine hand unto; and he shall bless thee in the land which the LORD thy God giveth thee.)
– blessing concerning your identity, so acceptance as a nation (The LORD shall establish thee an holy people unto himself, as he hath sworn unto thee)
– an open heaven and lots of rain
Lifestyle of the cursing
In brief, the opposite of the blessed lifestyle:
– Cursed shalt thou be in the city, and cursed shalt thou be in the field. (5. Mose 28:16)
– no fruit concerning children (Cursed shall be the fruit of thy body, 5. Mose 28:18)
– curses concerning the supply with food like bread and meet (2nd part of 5. Mose 28:18)
– no protection concerning your way/travel (Cursed shalt thou be when thou comest in, and cursed shalt thou be when thou goest out. 5. Mose 28:19)
– the business is cursed (The LORD shall send upon thee cursing, vexation, and rebuke, in all that thou settest thine hand unto for to do 5. Mose 28:20)
– cursed is the whole life and death will comes quickly (until thou be destroyed, and until thou perish quickly; 2nd part of 5. Mose 28:20)
– no identity as a nation, no health instead illness (The LORD shall make the pestilence cleave unto thee, until he have consumed thee from off the land, whither thou goest to possess it. 5. Mose 28:21)
4. Which lifestyle are you really living in?
To be diplomatic, I am living in a learning lifestyle 😉
Proverbs 23:7 states: “As a man thinks in his heart, so is he”.
I am changing my thinking and by doing that, my behavior and attitudes changes, too. Learning who
I am in the new nature and identity, learning to obey, by getting revelations from god I can now enjoy the blessings of the blessed lifestyle.
5. Which lifestyle do you want?
Of course the blessed lifestyle with all the resources and consequences. Jesus fulfilled the law and we can have all the results of that blessed lifestyle if we know who we are in Christ Jesus.
Just came back from Kenya Africa. What a powerfull time we had down there. Had 16 meetings in 7 days, the most important one was the pastors and leaders inspirational day. We had about 190 pastors and leaders from Kenya, Tanzania, Congo, Rwanda and Uganda. God was really using the teacing to begin transform lives. talked to missionaries that had been there for 17 years and they were in wonder of what was happening. Already half of the students for next years bibleschool is signed in. They want to pay to be sure, we are paying no transport, but they are hungry for this message that has the power to transform their lives, they tasted that. So next year we will have around 60-70 pastors and leaders studing in the biblescholl.
We officailly formed Connections Africa and are now planning to have a new pastors day i March next year, our partners down there are now expectiing something between 500-1000 pastors and leaders from Kenya, Tanzania, Uganda, Sudan, Congo, Burundi, Rwanda, Botswana, Malawi, maybe Etiopia and Egypt and somemore.
It is a great door opening and I think God is giving us a chance to really see change in Africa. I would like to ask you if you could come with me to open the bibleschool and do the pastorsday in March 2011. i could be really great. Let me hear what you think.